Friday, September 27, 2013

Checking in about my Action Research...Sept. 2013

The last year of utilizing a communication tool to provide weekly progress updates to the stakeholders of homebound students has been very rewarding.  As of now, my action research is complete and I found the process to be successful.  The communication processes that were put into place have had a positive effect with most stakeholders involved in the homebound program.  The surveys that were sent out at the end of last year provided fabulous feedback.  The feedback was used to make changes to the process this year.  The improvements we made have been beneficial to all stakeholders.  For the homebound teachers and substitutes, the changes have made the communication process more streamlined and efficient.  For teachers, principals, counselors, and parents the communication tool is a living document that can be viewed at any time within Google Drive.  The stakeholders now have the ability to comment in real time regarding the progress of students.  I am excited for the positive changes that have taken effect as a result of my action research.  I did not have to make any changes to my original research plan.  The only changes that were made were in response to the feedback I received.  I continue to look for ways to improve communication and processes within our homebound department.  The only struggle we are currently encountering has to do with the training of our substitutes.  We have a number of older teachers who are not as comfortable with technology and are struggling with how to use our new communication tool.  All of the teachers are willing to learn but the process is slow and often frustrating for them.  I have to continue to remember that not everyone is as comfortable with technology as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment